After a lifetime of being heavy and trying different diets, I think, I hope, I have my fingers crossed I think I found one that works for my body type. Everybody is different, but I have been eating a paleo diet for a little over a month, with an emphasis on local organic vegetables, and I feel great. I haven't lost a ton of weight, only seven pounds, but I feel amazing. My runs are the best they have ever been, my energy level is way high, and I sleep without sleeping pills. It is kind of mind blowing, #mindblown. So, I haven't really been blogging because to be honest, I am still getting the hang of this new way of cooking. But I tried this zucchini bread, and it is pretty awesome. So, here you go...
What you need:
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
3 Tablespoon maple syrup
1 small to medium zucchini, shredded finely
1 ripe banana, smashed
1 Tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup pecans or hazelnuts
What you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil
3. Mix together all the dry ingredients, and set aside
4. In a standing mixer or another bowl mix together all the wet ingredients including the shredded zucchini and banana.
5. Mix the dry into the wet ingredients, and stir to combine.
6. Fold in the nuts
7. Pour into your prepared loaf pan
8. Bake for about 45 minutes, but test it with a toothpick
9. Let cool
10. Enjoy with outside with coffee for breakfast taking in the last few inhales of sweet Indian Summer
As always, much love, many blessings, and happy baking!