Monday, September 19, 2011
This is a super simple recipe to turn your regular old Bloody Marys into something a little more couture. But you do have to be patient the steeping process takes 8 days. The most interesting chemical exchange occurs, the tomatoes taste like solid vodka and the vodka tastes of delicious smooth tomatoes. It is easy to turn a $25 vodka bottle into an expensive and heirloom liqueur.
1 750 ml Bottle of mid-grade vodka
1 lbs of quartered heirloom tomatoes
1. Sterilize your glass vessel by washing in the dishwasher or boiling for 10 minutes.
2. Quarter your tomatoes and add to the jar
3. Pour over your vodka, and tightly seal the lid of the tomato jars. Keep the vodka bottle to re-use.
4. Put in a cool dark place and swirl every day for 8 days
5. At the end of 8 days, pour the vodka through a fine mesh strainer and keep in a clean vodka.
6. Discard the tomatoes.
7. Store in the freezer and make delicious bloody Marys or drink as a shooter.
As always, much love, many blessings, and happy vodka making
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (42)
- ► 2012 (42)
- ▼ 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (18)