Monday, April 2, 2012
My dear friend and gardening partner has been blessed with twin baby girls. It couldn't be more wonderful. She and her husband are going to make wonderful parents, and the world is better off with two more people as kind and considerate and Meg and Brad. It is a wonderful life.
Her fabulous party planning-extradoinnaire sister, mom, and I hatched a Birds and the Bees Shower for the Mommy-to-be! In celebration of the theme I made a Simple Honey Cake in great Bee Hive Mold. What makes this delightful sweet is not the cake itself, but the honey lavender glaze.
1 1/4 cups sugar
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons baking powder
2 Tablespoons vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cup melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
2. Butter and Flour your cake molds
3. Whiz together all of the ingredients in a food processor
4. Pour the batter into the cake molds
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool
7. Using your fingers gently pry the sides of cake pan free. Lift gently and ice as desired.
Lavender Honey Glaze
1/2 cup of honey
1/2 cup of water
1 teaspoons of edible lavender (preferably organic)
1. heat ingredients over medium until simmer
2. allow to cool
3. strain out the petals
4. using a pastry brush paint the cake with the glaze
I finished decorating the cake with a quick icing and little fondant honey bees.
And we can't wait to meet you Baby Girls, we are already so grateful you are a part of our lives.
As always, lots of love, many blessings, and happy baking
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (42)
- ▼ 2012 (42)
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (18)