I have stumbled across the most elegant party appetizer or winters lunch. It is decadent but inexpensive, it is luxrious, but easy. Really, it is having your elegant cocktail party and enjoying it too. Besides the rise time (which is about an hour and a quarter), it comes together in about 10 minutes, and bakes in 15. What could be better.
1 1/2 cup of warm water
1 Tablespoon of yeast (or packet)
1 sugar cube
4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 cup of olive oil
1/2 cup of grated parmesan
1 teaspoon of grey sea salt
2 teaspoons of chopped rosemary
1/4 cup of olive oil
6 oz ounces of Tallegio cheese torn into bite-sized morsels
12 slices of black truffles out of a jar
1/2 teaspoon of fleur de mer (fine-grade sea salt)
1. In a large measuring cup, doll out the water, add the yeast and sugar cube allow to sit until poofy.
2. In your food processor: pulse the salt, rosemary, and paremesan until is ground into a sandy powder.
3. Add the flour and pulse.
4. With the prep blizzing, add the oil and water/yeast mixture through the feed tube and allow to spin until the ball of dough is just formed. Add more flour if necessary for the dough to pull away from the sides of the prep bowl. For this I used what ever is handy which happened to be whole wheat flour, but you can use all-purpose or any other kind.
5. Flour your conter top and knead until you have vented all frustration, it is a wet dough and can be neglected, so do not over tax yourself.
6. Set in an oiled bowl with a tea towel perched over top for about an hour.
7. Divide dough into two equal peices and spread to 1/2 inch thick on to its own baking sheet covered in parchement paper.
8. Cover each piece of dough and the cookie sheet with a tea towel and allow to rest for another quarter hour (15 mins).
9. Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees F.
10. Using your fingers dot the bread with your fingers to make pillowy indentations into the dough.
11. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle sea salt, and dollop out bit-sized morsels of Tallegio cheese.
12. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes until the cheese is melted and the bread is brown.
Come sempre, molto amore, tante benedizioni, e felice cottura.