Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Do Blondes have more fun? As a natural brunette, I am not so sure… But that being said, I must admit I prefer blondies to brownies. To be truthful, I married a blond. This is a super simple recipe that I adapted from Bobby Flay just to make it a little easier, and to adapt it to what I had in my kitchen.
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup light brown muscovado sugar
1/2 cup dark brown muscovado sugar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons toffee chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds
1. Crank up the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Butter and line with parchment paper a 9 by 9 by 2-inch baking pan
3. Whisk together your dry goods: flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Melt the butter in a sauce pan, whisk in both sugars until they are melted and let the pan cool a bit.
5. Whisk in the vanilla and the eggs.
6. Add the dry ingredients and stir until mixed.
7. Fold in the chips, toffee and nuts.
8. Pour into your pan with the parchment.
9. Bake for 25 minutes or until a skewer/toothpick comes out a little gooey, but mostly clean.
10. Cool completely and cut into a little squares, they are very rich but very delicious.
As always, much love, many blessings, and happy baking.
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (42)
- ► 2012 (42)
- ▼ 2011 (10)
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (18)