Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Garden Strawberries, Organic Yogurt, and Muesli

I have been making granola for years. There are some delicious recipes out there. But I have always wanted to try muesli and see what was different and if it was better. So, I did, I bought a box. Tried one of the recipes of leaving it in the yogurt overnight (you can do this with milk too) and then eating it in the morning with some fresh strawberries. Muesli is delicious and so easy, instructions below, no baking! Not that I am against baking, but please I have 10 month old, anything I can do easier, I'm in. For this recipe of yogurt soaked muesli, if you forget to do it the night before, you can eat it straight out, it just is a little more crunchy. I bet this is delicious warmed with milk in the winter... Ingredients 1/2 cup muesli (recipe follows) 1/2 cup yogurt your choice (i love organic, plain, whole milk of any persuasion) 1/2 cup of fruit (washed and cut up) Method: 1. mix the muesli and yogurt together, leave in the fridge overnight 2. top with fruit and enjoy Muesli Ingredients 4 1/2 cups rolled oats 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ 1/2 cup wheat bran 1/2 cup oat bran 1 cup sultanas (golden raisins, a personal favorite use any dried fruit you like) 1/2 cup chopped brazilian nuts (also personal choice) 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds Methods: 1. mix all of the ingriedents 2. store in air tight container away from sun and heat and enjoy for up to a month As always, much love, many blessings, and happy mixing...

No comments: