Monday, February 23, 2015

Paleo Nanner Bread (Gluten Free Banana Bread)



I heart nanner bread, always did, always will. It was one of the few treats my mom would make us from scratch. No kidding, I thought making a pie was taking it out of the freezer and baking it. To this day, my mom will say, "I baked a pie." She did bake it, she just didn't make it. Enough my ridiculousness. I love nanner bread, but being paleo... gluten and dairy not so much. 

So, here is the recipe I now love that I swiped off the internet. I will say, it took me a lot longer to bake. I also used frozen bananas.  You may ask, why do you have frozen bananas? Here is the answer, I am the mother of a toddler and when your precious angel asks you for a banana you give it to them, knowing that they will smell it and at best rub it on their lips before they hand it to you. If you are lucky, if you are unlucky they will try and hide the banana underneath the couch. Mothers be vigilant!You find the banana and wash it off, put in your freezer for a smoothie or banana bread... or vegan banana "ice cream." 

This is a good recipe for a couple of reasons. It tastes delicious, the texture is not 100% like the gluten rendition, but what is? This recipe doesn't require a whole bunch of difficult to procure ingredients, and it is el cheapo... not mucho moneys. I was eating a piece of this bread while I was typing this, and now it is gone. I am sad... Ok, recipe... 

What you need: 

  • 4 ripe bananas, or frozen from a bag 
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup almond butter
  • 2 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup coconut flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

What you do: 


1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
2. Prepare a loaf pan, mine is (8x4) spray with coconut oil or olive oil, and line with parchment paper
3. Bust out your big food processor (Cuisinart, food prep, whatever you call it)  
4. Unplug your heart glow lights, and plug in your food prep. 
5. Chuck in your bananas, honey, vanilla, almond butter, coconut oil and eggs and blitz until smooth and creamy. 
6. Add your dry ingredients: coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt; blitz again until smooth and creamy 
7. Take your bowl off the machine and add the dark chocolate chips. Smoodge about with your spatula to incorporate. 
8. Spatula your batter into your baking pan with magic paper (parchment paper) 
9. Bake for 35 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. 
10. Eat, with coffee, and feel like you too can once again enjoy carbs with the blissful ignorance of pre 2011. 

I even gave this to my toddler as "chocolate cake." He loved it, it was his treat for dinner last night. I on the other hand have added it to my breakfast box for the week. It is delish, no lie. 

As always, much love, many blessings and happy baking! 






























3 comments:

Blogger said...

QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

Get professional trading signals sent to your mobile phone daily.

Follow our trades today and gain up to 270% per day.

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

خدمات منزلية said...

شركات تنظيف مجالس بالدمام