I love cupcakes. I will admit, I am on the verge of obsession. Truthfully, it is the flexibility and freedom you find with these mini cakes. They are so easy to bake and only take 20 minutes, but most importantly you can put anything in them, top them with anything, and everyone loves them. I am quite certain even the most evil of individuals would warm up to large tray of these lovely sweet bites.
Today I decided that a lovely dark chocolate heavy cream ganache was in order.
To make the cupcake I use a food prep, but a mixer, a bowl and wooden spoon, nearly anything with a mixing capacity will do.
1/2 cup or 1 stick of melted butter
3/4 cup of self rising flour
1/4 cup of sugar
slosh of vanilla extract (a teaspoon) please use excellent quality all natural real vanilla extract
big slosh of milk (two tablespoons)
1. Set the oven to 400 degrees, and line a cup cake tin with liners
2. Melt the butter in the microwave
3. Place all of the ingredients save the butter into a mixing vessel
4. Mix, blitz, or whirl
5. Add the butter and mix-in
6. Spoon into lined tins and bake for 20 minutes or until brown and toothpick comes out clean
1/2 cup of choco buttons
2 tablespoons of double cream
1. In a bowl add the chocolate and cream
2. Melt in the microwave together at 30 second intervals
3. Stir quickly between each melting session. Calmly and quickly stir the chocolate. The chocolate may seize (harden up and seem grainy) continue to melt and stir, it will come around.
Spoon on your ganache crowning your vanilla cupcakes. Bejewel with your adornment of choice, I love sugar pansies, but M&Ms, and anything else will be just lovely. Or leave them be in all of their chocolately gloriousness.
As always, many blessings, much love, and happy baking.
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (42)
- ► 2012 (42)
- ▼ May (3)
- ► 2009 (18)