Monday, June 11, 2012

Berry Sangria

Over the weekend, my thermometer registered over 100. And what is a girl to do when the wine she loves is just not cold enough for a hot summer's day. Make Sangria. I am Latina afterall, plus it is so easy everyone can make it. Plus the responses are usually thunderous applause and affirmations of undying affection. For instance this picture inspired my friend Leslie's text, "I love you"

My mother and I were in Seville once, and after a long hot day of walking Al Hambra we saddled up to the bar. My Mom proceeded to order a Sangria but she requested that it wasn't to strong. To which the affable bartender explained, "Here, we give this to the children." Not, that I am advocating giving this to children, but it is tasty and easy to make.

What you need:
1 bottle of cheapo red wine (white works too, Spanish preferably)
2 cups of fruit juice (I used blueberry and pomegrate, but any kind you like)
1/2 cup of brandy
cut up fruit to decorate

What you do.
1. Mix all together.
2. Serve over ice. Enjoy with friends and responsibly.

As always, much love, many blessings, and happy drinking!

1 comment:

Dave said...

Unique and delicious!