How you do it:
What you need:
1 lb of asparagus trimmed
4 oz of prosciutto
salt and pepper
What you do:
1. If you are making pasta as well, please feel free to reuse the pasta water. Either way you need a large pot of boiling water.
2. Trim the woody ends of the asparagus and wash.
3. Drop in the boiling water for about 2 minutes until the asparagus is tender crisp. It may be less or more depending on the thickness of the spears.
4. Set aside and allow to cool so you can handle them.
5. On a serving dish or plastic cutting board, cut the prosciutto slices in half long way so that you have long thinnish strips.
6. Take two or three asparagus spears and wrap the middle with the prosciutto, by keeping one end in your hand and wrapping the other around the middle of the spears leaving about 1/2 an inch on each side. Tie the prosciutto ends together to have a lovely display. You can just wrap them, but lately I have been into presentation.
7. Display on your serving dish. Drizzle with good quality olive oil, Maldon sea salt, and some freshly ground pepper.
8. Eat with gusto and enjoy!
As always, lots of love, many blessings, and happy cooking!