Thursday, December 12, 2013

Homemade Shallot, Currant and Cranberry Sauce


I love cranberry sauce, I love it on everything. This year I choose to dress up mine with some excellent bourbon, shallots, butter, dried currants and of course, cranberries. I love to eat it cranberry sauce but I also love to make it. It is so tootin easy. So, please do make some and enjoy you for your holiday season. 

What you need: 

1 tablespoon of butter
2 shallots diced
1/2 cup of dried currants
1 bag of fresh cranberries
1/2 cup of honey
1 oz of bourbon
salt to taste

What you do: 

  1. Saute the shallots with butter over medium heat until tender and translucent. 
  2. Add the currants, cranberries, and honey. Cook over medium heat until the cranberries burst, stirring occasionally to ensure the bottom does not scorch. 
  3. Add the bourbon and cook for another minute or two. 
  4. Let cool off of the heat and enjoy. 
As always, much love, many blessings, and happy Christmas! 




No comments: