Everybody loves chocolate covered pretzels. The salty, sweet, chocolate combination is completely addictive. I mean really, what more could you possibly want. I like to keep these in my office for passerbys, vagabonds, and occasional vice presidents. Around the holidays I like to think of them as festive pool cues.
This is not so much a recipe as it is an emacipation proclimation from over-priced store bought chocolate pretzels. I am not sure what sort of evil confectionary marketing scheme was effective in convincing us all that we were not capable of melting chocolate and dipping things in it. But apparently, it has worked. Let us be liberated and enjoy the simple and delightful task of dipping all things in chocolate... but especially around christmas.
Chocolate Chips any kind
Toppings (sprinkles, nuts, other types of melted chocolate)
1. Nuke a cup or so chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on high for 30 seconds.
2. Stir and nuke again for 30 seconds.
3. Stir until all of the chocolate buttons are melted
4. Dip the pretzles in the melted chocolate and use a spoon or spatula to smooth.
5. Twirl off excess chocolate and allow to slumber leisurely on a blanket of wax paper covering a cookie sheet.
6. Sprinkle with child like abandon your favorite toppings. Here I used my favorite nuts pecans and some darling Christmassy sprinkles.
7. Plop the whole cookie sheet, wax paper, choco-pretzes in the ice box. Allow to cool until hard about 15 mins.
Emjoy! I like to display them in vases as if they were flowers. But they are delicious and fast moving no matter how you put them out.
As always, much love, many blessings, and happy choco dipping.