3/4 cup unsalted butter, plus more for pan
1 & 1/2 c. sugar
1 tsp pure almond extract
1 & 1/2 c. unbleached, all-purpose flour
1/8 tsp coarse salt
2 c. fresh cranberries
1/3 c. slivered almonds
1. Crank your oven to 350. Lay parchment in an 8X8 pan and spray with PAM to prevent sticking.
2. Melt the butter in the microwave and let it sit for a moment.
3. Whip the sugar and eggs together for a while. Add the melted butter, and extract. Stop the mixer, and add in the flour and salt. Mix until combined.
4. Stir in the cranberries and almonds using a spatula.
5. Pour into the prepared pan and bake off for 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean...
Hazaaa, homemade cranberry almond bars. Let them cool on a wire rack.
In the mean time you can whip together 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar and 1 teaspoon of Grand Marnier to make the drizzle frosting. Apply liberally... it is the holidays.
Enjoy! As always, much love, many blessings, and happy baking!