Wednesday, December 5, 2012

25 Days of Cookies: Day 5 Christmas Pretzel Bites... Take 2



This is a Take 2 recipe, i.e. I did this the first time for Halloween with candy corn and while tasty it really did not turn out that well. I feel like the chocolate was slightly singed. And it is no fun to open  100 chocolate kisses by yourself. That being said, my partner in crime, Leslie is going to help open them with me. This would be a fantastic use of child labor if your kids are a little older than mine, and you are happy to pay the tax of them eating a few kisses.

We are going to change up a couple of things... 1) we are using hugs not kisses, I'm told that is easier. 2) I will not be stressed up at 4 am while making them, which will make it easier on me. Party planning lovely, but work is involved. 3) we will be using Christmas M&Ms so they will be more uniform in shape.

Here is what you need:

1 bag of the square bite sized pretzels I've heard them called waffle pattern
1 bag of Hershey's Hugs
1 bag of Christmas M&Ms

Here is what you:

1. Unwrap a bag of Hershey Hugs (preferably with a friend and wine) My mother always said a burden shared is half a burden thus the friend.
2. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees F
3. Using a rimmed baking sheet also called a jelly roll pan. I lined it with parchment paper just to be safe, although I am not sure you really need it.  Lay out as many pretzel bites as you can without them overlapping.
4. Top each pretzel with the Hershey Hug.
5. Place in the oven for 4 minutes.
6. Working quickly, press one M&M down into the chocolate.
7. Place in the fridge for 10 minutes to chill.

Hooray for pop-able, Christmas treats!

Happy Christmas. As always, many blessings, much love, and Happy Baking!

No comments: