Friday, December 7, 2012
25 Days of Cookies: Day 7 Sprinkle Rolls
Aren't these super cute... I found the idea on Pinterest. I think if I was going to do this again, I would not roll the dough so thin... But they taste delicious and they like all refrigerator cookies are quick to make and cut... not cookie cutters required.
5 cups of flour
5 cups of sugar
2 sticks of butter
1 Tablespoon of baking soda
2 Tablespoons of cream cheese
red food coloring
1. Mix all of the ingredients in your standing mixer, it is a lot to do by hand.
2. Once mixed together separate into two discs, and wrap in cling plastic wrap and let the dough chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day, or in the freezer up to a month.
3. When ready, roll out half the dough, use flour on a board and rolling pin to get the dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Use some red food coloring to color the other half of dough and roll on top of the other non-colored dough.
5. Gently lift the dough and create pinwheels by rolling the dough up.
6. Pour nonpareils on to a plate and roll your log in the sprinkles pressing lightly so they stick.
7. Roll in plastic wrap and put in the fridge for 20 minutes.
8. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
9. Prepare to baking sheets with parchment paper.
10. Take out the chilled logs and unwrap. Using a sharp knife cut 1/2 cookies and place face up on a cookie sheet covered in paper.
11. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just slightly golden. Let cool and ice as desired.
Happy Christmas! Much love, many blessings, and happy baking!
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (42)
- 25 Days of Cookies (um... sweets): Day 9 Ho Ho Hos...
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 8 Speculaas
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 7 Sprinkle Rolls
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 6 Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 5 Christmas Pretzel Bites....
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 4 Oatmeal Raisin
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 3 Best Brownies
- ▼ December (7)
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (18)