Friday, November 30, 2012

25 Days of Cookies: Day 1 Chocolate Chip




HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! Can you tell, I love this time of year. And to celebrate, I will be posting and sharing my favorite cookie recipes. I will be using some liberties with term cookies, i.e. this will include confections, candy, and cakes, but don't be hater... it's all good in the sugar hood. 

For our first day: I thought... Chocolate Chip cookies. A classic. This is adapted from the back of the Toll House Package and it was introduced to me by Smitten Kitchen... OMG the Smitten Kitchen Cookbook is out... Christmas List. But for your viewing pleasure... Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies. 

Here is what you need: the very good stuff

½ cup of sugar bowl sugar
½ cup of brown sugar
1 stick of butter softened overnight
1 egg
1 teaspoon Tahitian Vanilla
½ teaspoon bakind soda
1 and ¼ cup of all purpose flour
¼ teaspoon of sea salt
1 cup of best quality chocolate chips Ghirardelli is my favorite

Here is what you do: 
1. Preheat your oven to 325 F.
2. Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl (except for the chocolate chips), wooden spoon is fine. 
3.  Place teaspoon dollops on parchment lined sheet pan. 
4. Bake for 18 minutes. Enjoy

There you have it my friends, easy, classic, but delicious cookies. 

Merry Christmas! As always, much love, many blessings, happy baking!

No comments: