You can't serve chili without cornbread, you can, but it would be a sadistic twisted form of punishment. There are hundreds of recipes for corn bread from spicy to sweet. Here is mine and it is both. This time I topped my with chipotle adobo sauce and it was hot. But what you top yours with is entirely up to you. Enjoy!
Here is what you need:
1/2 cup of butter melted
1/2 cup of honey
1 cup of buttermilk ( i heart buttermilk)
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup of flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar (for umph)
garnish optional: chipotles in adobo, pickled jalapenos, sugar, or blueberries
Here is what you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F
2. Grease a 8 by 10 baking dish with butter or spray
3. Mix together all of the ingredients
4. Tip into the baking dish, then garnish as desired
5. Bake for 30 minutes or so, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Serve with butter and chili :)
Lots of love, many blessings, and happy baking.