Thursday, November 1, 2012
Candy Corn Chocolate Pretzel Treats
This is less of a recipe and more of an idea. I found it on Pinterest for Christmas They used Hershey's hugs and Christmas colored M&Ms but I mended this for Halloween. We served these little cookie/confections at our Halloween party, it was a huge hit. I think for next time I would do a chocolate drizzle instead of a Hershey kiss because it was a lot of chocolate. Also, I am guessing the Hugs work better than the original kisses, because I found them to be hard to squish. However, the dark chocolate kisses melted better than the milk chocolate. It is still a fantastic treat and would be a wonderful gift for a boss or a teacher for Halloween.
What you need
1 pound bag of Square Pretzels
1 pound bag of chocolate Hershey Kisses or Hugs
1 pound bag of candy corn
What you do
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees F
2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or foil
3. Unwrap a vast amount of Hershey kisses, this would be an excellent application for child labor, as long as they have clean hands
4. Line your baking tin with pretzels, it is ok if they touch, but they should be flat.
5. Place one kiss on top of each pretzel
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes until the chocolate is pliable but not completely melted
7. Work quickly and press a candy corn on to each kiss
8. Let cool, serve with great pomp and circumstance.
Happy Halloween, lots of love, many blessings, and happy baking!
- ► 2014 (12)
- ► 2013 (42)
- ▼ November (11)
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (18)