Thursday, June 27, 2013

Cooking on the Cape... Lobstah...


As is our tradition, every year we make the weary track from Northern Virginia to tip of the Outer Cape in Massachusetts. Or Mass-achoo-sit as my son calls it. This is my first year blogging on vacay... partly because I am an insomniac and partly because this is the first house we have stayed in with a computer and wifi... all the same, here we go. As part of our maiden voyage into cooking on the cape I thought what could be better than starting off with an easy albeit delicious recipe. Clearly, this is more a series of directions in how to properly kill a lobster but you get the point.

Here is what you need:
A huge pot of boiling water
1 two pound lobster per person
a clove of garlic
1/4 cup or 4 Tablespoons of buttah (butter)

What to do:
1. Make sure your huge pot of water has a lid or at least some aluminum foil near by.
2. Conduct a short reenactment of Clash of the Titans, you can try and get your lobster's to race on the kitchen floor. I have never been successful, if you have found a way to accomplish this feat please let me know.
3. Put the lobster in the pot for exactly 9 minutes, if you are put two at a time 10 minutes. If you are putting more than two at a time, you are either very hungry or have an enormous pot. Either way, I don't recommend it.
4. While cooking, smash a clove of garlic and add to small saucepan with the butter. Melt the butter, and take off the heat. You can also do this in a microwave for 20 seconds if you don't mind aliens reading your mind. Which clearly I don't, 1. because I know I'm not that smart and they are not interested in what dumb humans think, and 2. because I blog, so clearly it would be much easier for them to just read my blog...
5. Serve together with baby forks, a hammer, lobster crushers, and a husband to do all the dirty work for you. Quick note, the baby forks are not necessary or helpful but they look cute on the table.

As always, many blessings, lots of love, and happy cooking!



No comments: