Thursday, June 27, 2013
This was my latest Cape Cod baking treat, pink cookies shaped like shells with blue frosting and a yogurt raising posing as a pearl. They are adorable and super easy to make.
What you need:
1 Tube of pre-made sugar cookie dough
1/4 cup of flour plus more dusting
blue and red food dye
black gel writer
Special equipment: shell cookie cutter and parchment paper
What you do:
1. Mix the cookie dough, a few drops of red food dye to the desired color and 1/4 cup of flour, using your hands to kneed the dough together. Pop it in the freezer for a few minutes to re-harden.
2. Roll out your dough about 1/4 of an inch thick and cut with the cookie cutters.
3. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
4. Place your cookies on parchment paper and place in the freezer to harden for 10 minutes
5. Bake the cookies for 8 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden, longer if you want a crisper cookie.
6. Cool on a wire rack
7. Add a drop of blue food coloring to some icing, or as much color as you like.
8. Put about a tablespoon of blue icing on the center of the bottom cookie. Add a yogurt covered raising and top with another cookie.
9. Gently add two eyes using black gel writer.
As always, much love, many blessings, and happy sea critter baking!
- ► 2014 (12)
- ▼ June (8)
- ► 2012 (42)
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (18)