Thursday, January 3, 2013
25 Days of Cookies: 12 Chocolate Covered Oreo's
My son loves Oreo's or "coookeys" as he calls them, while pointing to the cabinet we keep them in. What to do when something is great... make it even better with chocolate. I've been wanting to make chocolate covered Oreo's for quite a while. I thought they would make a lovely teacher's present. What could be better than snowman ones?
What you need:
8 oz of melting white chocolate
24 or so Oreo's
24 candy corns for the noses
48 Chocolate Chips for eyes
Food dye markers
What you do:
1. Set up your assembly line. You will need a place for the melted chocolate, the decorations, and a wax or parchment lined sheet pan to deposit the Oreo's once dipped.
2. In a double boiler or the microwave melt the white chocolate, stirring vigorously. It is usually more melted then it looks.
3. Dip the Oreo's using two forks lift out of the chocolate and try gently to knock off any excess chocolate.
4. While the chocolate is still melted, decorate with eyes and nose.
5. Once completely cool, draw on the smiles
6. Serve with love and thank you to your children's teachers. For they are saints...
As always, much love, many blessings, and Happy Christmas!!!!
- ► 2014 (12)
- Blood Orange Juice
- Shrimp Salami and Spinach Pasta
- Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butternut Squash Risotto in 20 minutes
- Sunburst Lemon Bars
- Pepperoni Bread
- Surprise Birthday Cannolis!
- Days of treats to be continued... conciliatory Na...
- 25 Days of Treats: 16 Gingerbread snowflakes
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 15 Penguin Cupcakes
- 25 Days of Cookies: 14 Homemade Marshmallows
- 25 Days of Cookies: 13 Candy Cane Ice Cream
- 25 Days of Cookies: 12 Chocolate Covered Oreo's
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 11 Peanut Butter Reindeer
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 10 Santa Sugar Cookies
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2012 (42)
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (18)