Thursday, January 3, 2013
25 Days of Cookies: Day 10 Santa Sugar Cookies
Aren't these adorable. I made them for my son's preschool class, but truth be told, I made these because I loved them so much. You only need a simple circle biscuit cutter. I have included my simple sugar cookie recipe below. But please feel free to use anyone you like.
What you need:
royal icing in white (2 cups of powdered sugar, 1 egg white, whipped fluffly)
royal icing in red
food dye markers, blue, black and red
What you do:
1. Take your cookie and white icing and line about half of the outside ring of the cookie. Then starting in the center make two half moon shapes to connect the outside ring of icing on the bottom half of the cookie. You made the beard. Now fill in using a toothpick to spread the icing. Make the hat rim layer with white icing and a small circle for the end of the hat. Fill with icing and let dry, at least 4 hours.
2. Using your red icing outline the edge of the circle and design the hat. Fill in with red and let dry at least 24 hours.
3. Using your food dye markers make your mouth, eyes in black and your little red nose in red. You can color the tip of your finger and make the little rosy cheeks if you are so inclined.
Voila... super cute simple Santa cookies.
Happy Christmas! Much love, many blessings, and happy baking!
This is my basic recipe for sugar cookies.
5 cups of flour
5 cups of sugar
2 sticks of butter
1 Tablespoon of baking soda
2 Tablespoons of cream cheese
1. Mix all of the ingredients in your standing mixer, it is a lot to do by hand.
2. Once mixed together separate into two discs, and wrap in cling plastic wrap and let the dough chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 1 day, or in the freezer up to a month.
3. When ready, roll out the dough, use flour on a board and rolling pin to get the dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
4. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Cut with your favorite cookie cutters and place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are just slightly golden. Let cool and ice as desired.
- ► 2014 (12)
- Blood Orange Juice
- Shrimp Salami and Spinach Pasta
- Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butternut Squash Risotto in 20 minutes
- Sunburst Lemon Bars
- Pepperoni Bread
- Surprise Birthday Cannolis!
- Days of treats to be continued... conciliatory Na...
- 25 Days of Treats: 16 Gingerbread snowflakes
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 15 Penguin Cupcakes
- 25 Days of Cookies: 14 Homemade Marshmallows
- 25 Days of Cookies: 13 Candy Cane Ice Cream
- 25 Days of Cookies: 12 Chocolate Covered Oreo's
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 11 Peanut Butter Reindeer
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 10 Santa Sugar Cookies
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2012 (42)
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (18)