Tuesday, January 15, 2013
Surprise Birthday Cannolis!
For my husband's 35th Birthday, we actually pulled off a Surprise Birthday Party. I know ridiculous, with a 1 year old in our house. But, alas, Dave took a nap while everyone got here and he came down to his favorites, family, friends, martini's and cannolis!
I did not actually make the cannoli shells, I bought them in the Bronx on Arthur Avenue at an awesome place called Egidio Pastry Shop! However, after three failed attempts at making recipe cannolis filling here is mine.
What you need:
1 160z tub of ricotta full fat
1 16 oz box of powdered sugar about 2 and 1/4 cups
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
What you do:
1. Mix the ricotta, sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Spoon into pastry bags fitted with a star tip
3. Fill the your shells, by inserting half way in and filling until one edge then repeat on the other side.
4. Dip each side in chocolate curls
5. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Enjoy! With an espresso and loved ones.
As always, much love, many blessings, and Happy Birthday!
- ► 2014 (12)
- Blood Orange Juice
- Shrimp Salami and Spinach Pasta
- Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butternut Squash Risotto in 20 minutes
- Sunburst Lemon Bars
- Pepperoni Bread
- Surprise Birthday Cannolis!
- Days of treats to be continued... conciliatory Na...
- 25 Days of Treats: 16 Gingerbread snowflakes
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 15 Penguin Cupcakes
- 25 Days of Cookies: 14 Homemade Marshmallows
- 25 Days of Cookies: 13 Candy Cane Ice Cream
- 25 Days of Cookies: 12 Chocolate Covered Oreo's
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 11 Peanut Butter Reindeer
- 25 Days of Cookies: Day 10 Santa Sugar Cookies
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2012 (42)
- ► 2010 (21)
- ► 2009 (18)