Here is what you need:
· 1 cup powdered sugar
· 4 envelopes unflavored gelatin (1 box)
· 1 cup cold water, divided
· 2 cups granulated sugar (cane sugar worked just fine)
· 1/2 cup light corn syrup
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 1 tablespoon vanilla
· Powdered sugared for dusting the marshmallows
Here is what you do:
1. Add parchment paper to a 13- by 9- by 2-inch baking pan. Spray non-stick spray too the paper and dust bottom and sides with powdered sugar.
2. In your standing mixer bowl add the gelatin and ½ cup of cold water. Let sit for about 5 minutes while you make sugar syrup.
3. Fit your candy thermometer to a large heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add the sugar, corn syrup, ½ cup of water, and salt. Cook over low heat and until 236 degrees F.
4. Gently and carefully add the hot syrup down the side of your standing mixer bowl and allow mixing with your softened gelatin. Whip in your mixer for 10 minutes or so until the mixture is 5 times the volume and airy white marshmallow.
5. Add the vanilla or other flavoring and continue to whip.
6. Pour your mixture into your prepared baking dish and allow to set for atleast 8 hours or up to a day.
7. Plop out on to a cutting board and with a very sharp knife cut your marshmallows.
8. Roll all of the marshmallows in powdered sugar store in an air tight container for 2 weeks and enjoy with chocolate fountain, smores, or hot cocoa…