Our dear friends had us over the weekend and shared with us a lovely recipe for sunburst lemon bars. Here it is, to share with you my internet friends.
What you need:
For the crust
1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
3 extra-large eggs
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
Zest of 3 lemons
2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
2/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon Confectioners’ sugar for dusting
What you do:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and a parchment lined 9 by 9 baking dish.
- Make the crust first. Cream the butter and sugar together in an electric standing mixer. Add the flour and salt until the mixture forms. Press into the bottom of the baking dish to form the crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, juice and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool at room temperature on a wire rack. You can even let chill in the fridge to make the bars easier to cut.
- Use a sifter to sprinkle confectioners’ sugar on the lemon bars. Cut into small squares.