This is a working mother's meal. It is fast, easy, and has a lot of flavor. The most difficult aspect of it is chopping three peppers, which is to say not very difficult at all. The whole dish comes together in 10 minutes or so.
What you need:
3 colored peppers, red, orange, and yellow
16 oz of shrimp (cleaned and de-veined)
8 oz of calabrese salami
16 oz of fresh spinach linguine
salt and pepper
What you do:
1. Boil a large pot of water with salt for the pasta.
2. Chop the peppers and cook in a very large non-stick skillet until tender crisp about 5 minutes.
3. Add the salami and stir and cook for a minute or two.
4. Add the shrimp and cook until just done 1 minute or so.
5. Boil the pasta according to the package instruction, 3 minutes.
6. Once al dente, add to the peppers, salami, and shrimp. Serve with hot peppers and grated Parmesan.
Enjoy, with a nice dry white wine, and put your feet up, you deserve it.