Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Molasses Chocolate Chip Cookies



 I have for many years now only used one recipe for chocolate chip cookies. But recently I have been trying to make a healthier cookie... alas it is true, with a little one, I too and trying to find a form of healthy treats. I have always been in Julia Child's camp of I like butter... and a little gin too.    Nonetheless, I have made a new recipe that is very tasty and a little bit better for.

What you need:

1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of butter
1 teaspoon of molasses
3/4 cup of all purpose flour
1/2 cup of whole wheat pastry flour
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon of coarse sea salt
1 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips

What you do:

1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the molasses, the flours, 1 egg, salt. Mix until combined.
3. Add the chips. Scoop 1 tablespoon sized dollops of dough on to a parchment lined cookie sheet.
4. Bake for 18 minutes.

Enjoy with milk and loved little ones and cartoons.

As always, much love, many blessings, and happy baking.


No comments:

Blog Archive