Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Days of treats to be continued... conciliatory Nachos


Unfortunately, I must admit defeat... I was not able to blog all 25 days of Christmas Treats. Seeing that it is January 15th, I believe it is time to give it up. I will attempt another 25 days of treats next year. But do not fear... I have new goal. As I am doing research for my Sweets Delivery Company, I will be posting all of my successes in the recipe development for the business. I will also be posting yummy, easy suppers so I can remember exactly what I am making. And in that line of logic, I offer, conciliatory Nachos.

My conciliatory nachos are very simple but muy saborosa... They work best with leftover chili but any meat or no meat will do.

Here is what you need:

A large oven proof bowl, and enough tortilla chips to fill them
Left over chili or meat or veggies as desired
Red Peppers
Shredded Cheese
Salas (fresh or jarred) recipe follows in step 1
Queso (fresh or jarred) recipe follows in step 2
Sour Cream
Hot Sauce (to taste)
Pickled Jalapenos (to taste)
Chives or chopped green onions

Here is what you do:

1. Make the salsa: 1 16 oz can of fire roasted diced tomatoes, 1 bunch of cilantro, 6 cloves of garlic, juice of one lime, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, leave at room temperature for 2 hours or up to 3 days in the fridge.
2. Make the queso: 3 tablespoons of butter, 3 tablespoons of flour, 1 cup of milk, 8 oz. of grated pepper jack cheese, salt and pepper. Make a roux by melting the butter in a heavy bottomed skillet under high heat. Add flour and mix for 1 minute until the mixture is golden in color and smells nutty. Add the milk and whisk until thick about 3 minutes. Gradually add the cheese mixing. Take off the heat add salt and pepper to taste. Keep in a crockpot or pour over nachos, it will congeal if not kept warm.
3. Layer your nacho makings in the order presented above, think culinary geology. You want layers in circles, and each concentric circle getting smaller.
4. Blaze under the high broiler for 3-5 minutes until your have a melty warm gooey delicious dinner. This dinner is also excellent when your team has lost, getting dumped, or dealing with a mean boss.


No comments:

Blog Archive